today was the first day just silas and momma. daddy went back to work today and i was left to fend for myself.
wow. now, that’s hard work. needless to say, our day started a little later than originally planned, even with an impromptu photoshoot with karen. after several diaper changes and some nursing, we were off to take the dog out for a walk, visit the ladies of the ‘lu and pick dad up from work. sounds great…but here’s what actually happened:
- silas wouldn’t fall asleep for his newborn photoshoot (for the second day in a row…) but wasn’t fussing at all. just watching.
- 10 minutes after the shoot was over and karen was gone, he decided to sleep for 3 hours.
- i took a 6-minute shower and got dressed quickly…and put on makeup with one hand while holding baby with the other.
- silas cried.
- i struggled to break down our awesome stroller and get it into the trunk.
- silas was perfect with the ladies at the store until he decided he’d had enough. and he cried some more.
- i took him to the car, which was sitting at an expired meter, to nurse in the backseat.
- a few more cries were stopped by the bumpy car ride on the philly streets.
- and now home, where i update my blog while nursing and typing on my phone with one hand.
needless to say, daddy was missed and my multi-tasking skills will come in handy doing this mom thing.