the last few weeks have been beautiful, exhausting, exciting, emotionally draining, stressful, easy, all of the above. the mister and i have been juggling so many different [and really exciting] things, but it has been a challenge to just sit down and breathe.
the things i've needed most this week aren't material and instead will be the guidelines as i head into my week.
1. embrace the ebb & flow. | life gets crazy. sometimes, it gets really crazy. the chaos that ensues almost always wanes and life can be approached with ease. the one thing i do know is that change is the constant and the only thing i can do is do what i can with what i have.
2. live simply. | clear out the stuff that doesn't serve you. that on-sale on-trend top you purchased and never wore? it takes up mental space. donate it to someone in need. the mountain of toys that make it look like you have three children when you only have one? there are less fortunate kids in this city who would be grateful for just one of those. find that child and make their day. your child probably doesn't need yet another flashing, noisy, plastic toy.
3. learn to say 'no' without feeling badly about it. | projects will come and go. sometimes, projects will last longer than you expected and be more fulfilling than anticipated; more important, however, is the occasional drive to the suburbs for a trip to target and a solo lunch date at panchero's. i'm telling you, it's good for the soul to say 'no.'
4. hard work pays off. | we are working our butts off - we like to call it hustling. juggling this with that, throwing this out and bringing something else in. long days, exhaustion, all of it. it's all worth it in the end.
5. don't forget to celebrate the good stuff. | we are kicking ass and taking names and it feels DAMN GOOD. and my husband looks so good working this hard. yep, i said it. and silas has 'textbook' perfect teeth and just learned how to pound fists with the explosion at the end. and i finally found a jean jacket. i mean, come on, people, this is the good stuff.